Monday, December 28, 2009

100th Blog + 100 words

To celebrate this 100th blog entry I asked 100 people to write up to 100 words reflecting the way they felt at the time of their writing. I decided to do this because generally, when I approach my blog I have little idea of what I'll write. It's a spontaneous activity reflecting the way I feel. The blog becomes an 'event zone', bracketed off from all other thoughts and activities of the day. This is not to say, however, that once written that the thoughts do not continue, but rather, the particular thought, idea or feeling becomes congealed. I rather enjoy the idea of highlighting one small aspect of cerebral activity - it's like taking a photograph - something, however small and apparently insignificant is celebrated! I was aware that asking others to contribute to my blog might have been a challenge, particularly for those who do not regularly write what they think or are uncomfortable with the way they articulate thought. I asked each participant to choose the color of their text, because color conveys emotion in a most exacting way. So, consider the color whilst reading, it will give you further insight. Remember also, this is just a fragment, a tiny morsel of delight!

So, here are the responses given to me in what I consider as gift. The words are absolutely beautiful, heartfelt, revealing and generous. They demonstrate anxiety and pain, as well as the pleasures of life.


To those who did not contribute, I understand that it is difficult to find the time or to place yourself on the line, after all, to write is to disclose and some people don't wish to reveal themselves in a public forum.


Responses:
There are times when, sitting quietly with my eyelids closed, I seem to envision in my mind's eye the emergence of infinitesimal points, of sight, of sound, touch, smell, taste--like Indra's pearls containing multitudes, and each point becomes, as with morphogenesis, the charioteer of the range of pure feelings, some to pop like bubbles bursting at the surf's surface, some to cycle endlessly, waiting for the moment, when, eyes open, I can surrender to them.
Martin E. Rosenberg (2009)


elated, exhausted, wonderful dreams, remembering childhood after all these years, serendipity, epiphany, Timanna is here, gone, all around, nowhere, hiding, helping, gender bending, ray of light, light at the end of a long tunnel, hair, rebirth, new beginning, deja vu all over again, wishing, wishing I was fourteen, but with wisdom comes enlightenment, tears will fall and cleanse my soul, happy, really happy, sad, the only constant is change, who I am, do I care what people think? about to burst into song, but I can't sing, I can sing in the shower, in my head, with my eyes
Philip McGowan (2009


Airport undercover security parking
Christmas love family conversation
sated filled warmed consoled
transit lounge coffee annoucement
inbetweenness liminal transit home


Sarah Jane Pell (2009)

Sydney summer 2009
i was desperate to leave
emirates sydney-paris departing mid-december
only $1800!
i hesitated and lost.
swimming at clovelly early evening
jewel-coloured fish darting past
icy bolt of the sea
waves roaring above
tiger, ever-faithful, watches anxiously from nearby rocks –
sunshine disappears, leaving humid overcast heat.
paris now austere cloaked in snow,
courtyard view from D’s Rue St Jacques apartment straight from amélie – on a warm summer’s evening in june sipping rosé outside la bucherie, bathed in medieval yellow glow of nôtre dame
as the seine dances black below.
Torn between two cities, two lives

Petra Nolan (2009)

When I write, whether it be music or text, prose or essay, I am both reflective and deeply alert, as if all my senses are readying for the threads of inspiration, the conduits to meaning and the questions that no doubt seek to bind further an idea into that which may be heard or read. I am, when not faced with the struggle of a seemingly abandoned intellect, both at peace and furious with enquiry and curiosity.
Andrew Garton (2009)


My mind is totally occupied by the trial of Liu Xiaobo, an activist in China. Liu was sentenced to 11 years in prison on December 25. Activists in Hong Kong responded with actions. The most overwhelming one was a protest by more or less ten activists,in teenage and early 20s, at border December 27. The police from the mainland China crossed the border without warrant and detained four activists and two reporters for hours. I am angry while I feel shame. I didn’t work hard enough to help those brave youngsters and Liu.
Lionel Chiou (aka T. C. Yau) (2009)

Sated and amused, never had a plan like this, at least not one that seemed so real. Ideas coalesce; why hadn't I thought of this before? And Jack; he fills me with confidence, as his light dwindles. Peace to him.
John Mcgowan-Hartmann (2009)


I'm always surprised when I wake up
one could so easily slip away in the night
into the space of dreams,
that otherzone of
dark shadows that threaten you at every turn.
Even as I sleep I have this half-consciousness of wondering
whether I will indeed have my morning eyes
awake, and saying again
I am alive!

Julie Clarke (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment